OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Richard C. Fox Plumbing, Love Lakeland, Inc., and Lakeland Business Leader’s OPERATION CHRISTMAS MAGIC 2018, LIP SYNC VIDEO CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Florida. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Operation Christmas Magic registration and voting period starts at 9:00:01 a.m. EST on October 24, 2018 and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. EST on December 14, 2018 (the “Registration Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
There are three (3) prizes available to be won by the businesses/groups who, as of 4:59:59 p.m. EST on December 14, 2018, have received the most votes on their lip sync videos in comparison to all other lip sync videos submitted. The prizes consist of:
1ST PLACE: One (1) $500 cash prize and one (1) Operation Christmas Magic Champion plaque.
2ND PLACE: One (1) $300 cash prize.
3RD PLACE: One (1) $200 cash prize.
All prizes are provided by Richard C. Fox Plumbing and Lakeland Business Leaders.
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. Prizes will be distributed at the Lakeland Business Leaders Annual Holiday Party on December 20, 2018.
100% of proceeds collected by Love Lakeland, Inc. throughout the duration of the Registration Period will be distributed evenly to the following local, non-profit organizations:
Peace River Center – Victims’ Services
Boys and Girls Clubs
Polk County Christmas Angels
Heartland for Children
Florida Baptist Children’s Homes
PACE Center for Girls
Children’s Home Society
Dream Center of Lakeland
FINS – Friends in Need Services
HOW TO ENTER
Visit www.lovelakeland.com/operation-christmas-magic prior to December 14, 2018 at 4:59:59 p.m. EST. After reviewing the Official Rules and Regulations, a lip sync team (any group of people, including businesses) can register by completing the Registration form and paying a registration fee of any amount. $100 is the recommended donation, but the user can choose to enter a custom donation amount.
After completing the registration form and submitting the required registration fee (donation), users will be prompted to submit their video by either recording it from the entry page or uploading a pre-recorded .mp4 or .mov file.
Should the entrant have issues uploading a video, they will reach out to support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org where they will receive alternate instructions for submitting their video.
Following the submission of videos, a moderator will manually review the video and following approval, it will be added to the Lip Sync Challenge Voting Gallery found here: https://lovelakeland.com/operation-christmas-magic/vote/
Entrants are encouraged to visit the Voting Gallery to share their Lip Sync videos on social media.
Video submissions must be submitted prior to December 14, 2018 at 4:59:59 p.m. and will be reviewed by a Maximize Digital Media moderator before being added to the Voting Gallery. Any videos submitted must meet the following requirements:
- May not contain profane language
- May not contain nudity or explicit content of any sort
- May not support racial, religious, sexual or other invidious prejudice
- May not advocate sexual or violent exploitation
- May not violate rights established by law
- May not invade the privacy of any person
- May not be otherwise inappropriate as determined by the Contest Sponsors and Administrator
Disqualifications are left to the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors and Administrator. Decisions made by the Contest Sponsors and Administrator are final.
Users can vote once per video per day (per 24 hour period). Any attempt to circumvent the voting restrictions in place by purchasing votes, spamming, employing the use of bots, or other methods will be immediately addressed by the Sponsors and Contest Administrator. Sponsors and Contest Administrator reserve the right to disqualify entries at their sole discretion.
Voting restrictions are enforced by tracking an anonymous digital fingerprint left by each user. In some cases, this may prevent users who are using the same browser configuration on the same network to vote. If you suspect this is occurring when you attempt to place your vote, please contact email@example.com.
DETERMINING WINNERS AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. The odds of being selected as one of the three winners depends solely on the number of votes a video receives relative to the other groups competing. Votes will be tallied as of 5:00:00 p.m. EST on December 14, 2018.
2. All decisions of the judges and the Sponsors are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Rules and Regulations.
ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and its affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, any Prizes (including the use and misuse of any Prizes). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize
1. Neither the Sponsors nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iii) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; or (v) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason.
2. By entering into the Contest: (i) you hereby grant Love Lakeland, Inc., Lakeland Business Leaders, and Richard C. Fox Plumbing an irrevocable, non-exclusive, paid-up, worldwide license to reproduce, translate, communicate, distribute, edit, adapt, copy and otherwise use all or any part of the entry, including any photo submitted, for any purpose relating to the Contest or any other advertising or promotion by the Sponsors or its affiliates; and (ii) you hereby waive your moral rights, if any, in and to your photo in favor of Sponsors. You hereby agree that you shall not receive any compensation from the Sponsors in this regard.
3. Love Lakeland, Inc., Lakeland Business Leaders, and Richard C. Fox Plumbing reserve the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: lovelakeland.com/operation-christmas-magic/rules. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, state or municipal laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding with respect to all aspects of this Contest. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
5. The Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
6. Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prizes, shall be governed exclusively by Florida law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal, state or municipal courts located in Polk County, FL.
7. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of administering this Contest and in accordance with the Sponsors’ privacy policies.
8. For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or Prizing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsors of the Contest are Love Lakeland, Inc., Lakeland Business Leaders 303 Florida Ave. S, Lakeland, FL 33801; and Richard C. Fox Plumbing 5811 Floy Drive, Lakeland, FL 33810.
The Administrator of the Contest is Maximize Digital Media, 303 Florida Ave. S, Lakeland, FL 33801.
Love Lakeland, Inc. is a 501(c)3 organization and all donations made during this campaign are tax exempt.