According to the CDC, if you need to shop for food or medicine at the grocery store or pharmacy, try to stay at least 6 feet away from others. Also consider these options:
- Use mail-order for medications, if possible.
- Consider a grocery delivery service.
Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face covering when around others, including when you have to go out in public, for example to the grocery store.
- Cloth face coverings should NOT be placed on children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others, even when you wear a face covering.
- Avoid gatherings of any size outside your household, such as a friend’s house, parks, restaurants, shops, or any other place.
- Schedule virtual meetings whenever possible to make it easier to stay connected while avoiding social gatherings.
This advice applies to people of any age, including teens and younger adults. Children should not have in-person playdates while school is out. To help maintain social connections while social distancing, learn tips to keep children healthy while school’s out.